Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So long Princess, Hello Crimson Coach!

In the process of preparing for baby to arrive, Todd and I decided to "just look" for a van, which really means that we'd soon be purchasing one since anything would look significantly nicer than what we had. We began our search in Palouse, WA at a Dodge Grand Caravan. It was a nice rental van that was a good price and in reasonable condition for being a 2007. It had power everything, which I loved, and Avery could see out the windows, which she loved. Todd liked not having to sit in the back seat to drive. We responsibly decided to wait and keep looking, but it all went downhill when we decided to "just look" at what the Lewiston-Clarkston Valley had to offer. We were doomed the minute we drove into the Kendall lot. It was 6:35 p.m., and they closed at 7:00. There just "happened" to be a salesman near the used vans we were looking at, so while Avery and I waited in the car, Todd was seen nodding his head at what was being said, trying to keep a smile from his face. At about 6:45, we decided to run Avery up 21st St. to have dinner with Olivia and Joe at the Wendy's while we ran back to the dealer so I could look at the vans. Of course, there it was. The same make and model van we'd just looked at, same price but half the miles and still on warranty. The best part: it was red! Not just any red, but ruby red with pearl highlights and gray interior (can we say Cougar mobile?) Todd couldn't wait to sign the papers. We were at the dealer until 8:30 p.m. They cleaned it all up for us--Todd asked if I wanted to drive it home, but I was afraid to. It was dark and the Princess could fit inside the thing. Plus I felt like a traitor driving another car right then. We've since then bought Cougar license plates and it has officially been dubbed the "Crimson Coach." Princess, sadly, has gone on to live with another family, our friends the Engstroms. I couldn't bear to part with my Princess seatbelt strap cover or license plate cover, so they stayed with us. Avery actually got a little sad when Bethany drove the Princess away. She said, "She's takin' our car away, Mama! I want my car back!" Then she gets to ride in the van and quickly forgets the Princess exists. (Secretly, so do I!)

No comments: