Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Monday, September 20, 2010

First Day

Backpack: check.
Lunch box with healthy snack: check.
Outfit laid out with new sparkly shoes: check.
Ready to let my baby enter the world beyond my reach and careful eye: not yet.

The First Day excitement quickly turned to tears the second she realized that it was time. Time to go in the classroom without Mom. Time to leave the side of One who protected, who loved, who cared so deeply for her to enter a new place full of strange kids and new experiences. "Smile and wave" was repeated several times from the Principle as he pried her from my leg, only to drag her crying into the classroom. My heart was broken for her as I realized how scared she must feel, but unable to do anything but return to the car with Brother, I fought back tears of my own as I passed the other children and parents beginning their own First Days. I prayed a silent prayer of protection for her, and asked God to fill her with His peace to get her through the day.

This is the life of a mother--loving 'til it hurts, praying for guidance along the way, and letting God keep our babies close to Him until we can hold them safely in our arms.

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times an in every way."
~2 Thessalonians 3:16a




No comments: