I'm doing this study called The Hole in the Gospel by Richard Stearns, the President of World Vision, for my Sunday school class, and every day there is an activity designed to help you realize just how much more and better we have it here in America than most of the other populated countries in the world.
Today's task was to think about a day in your life when you were really, really hungry. Honestly, I couldn't think of that day, because I've never known what it was like to be truly hungry. I have always had food around me, which is the reason that I'm so overweight now. The study said that every 3 seconds, a child DIES from hunger. Every 3 seconds. Every 3 seconds. Every 3 seconds. That's 3 children gone.
My heart is breaking for these mothers and fathers who have to watch their children die and can't imagine the guilt and sorrow they must feel for not being able to change their situation. All due to not having food to feed them--through World Vision, you can sponsor a child for $30 a month. That's not eating out 1 time to give enough food for one child for a MONTH! I just can't wrap my brain around the huge discrepancy in resources. Visit www.worldvision.org for more information about how you can help end the hunger for one of these children, and help save another life.
Winter Blues Coming To An End
1 year ago








No comments:
Post a Comment